An irregular look at interesting stuff online; a bit hedge fund heavy today:
- A very interesting interview with Chanos can be found here. Chanos is probably one of the more under-rated “value” investors out there. A lot of people don’t consider him to be value in the traditional sense since he shorts but if you hear him describe his process and read his analysis – it’s clear that his investment thesis are built on tons of fundamental research and digging through financials just like any other value investor. My Jarden article actually used a lot of techniques that Chanos has described to check the robustness of a company’s financials.
- A pretty good and long article on John Paulson.
- Fortune has a profile of David Herro.
- JAT Capital – Up 30% last year, down 20% this year; gets the dealbook treatment.
- Reminder – a few tenders expire next week. Odd-lot tenders offer small investor’s a neat way to earn quick returns with small risks. Alpha Vulture has a list of July CEF tenders.
A quick housekeeping note – q2 results will be posted soon. The fund completed a couple of special situation type transactions in the last week of the quarter and this has caused a slight delay on our brokers end.